"Samskrta Pravesika - 2" is an intermediate-level course brought to you by the Digital Campus of Madras Sanskrit College. This course covers advanced concepts that take the student to the next higher level in Sanskrit education.
- सन्धिः series (joining of letters /sounds in detail) covering:
- अच् - सन्धिः
- आत्मनेपदि धातवः (लड़् लोट् विधिलिड़् लृट्) लकाराः other than लट् which was covered in Pravesikaa-1
- कर्मणि and भावे प्रयोगः (passive voice)
- क्त , तव्य, अनीयर् प्रत्ययाः (some participles)
- Introduction to poetry literature with some simple नीतिश्लोकाः
- Compound words
- Interrogative words (question words)
1. What is the recommended background for taking part in this course?
Completion of Pravesika-1 or basic Samskrit knowledge is needed.
2. What are the technical requirements for taking part in this course?
Being an on-line course, you need a computer / mobile / tablet device with Internet connection that enables you to watch the video lectures, and to upload your assignments which will be reports or power point presentations, if applicable.
3. What is the format of the Course?
The course is delivered through a structured set of lecture videos, which are usually between ten to twenty minutes each. There will be quizzes and worksheets as part of the lessons. Upon completion of each module and/or quiz, the student will be able to release the next module. The course will be available for one year for the student to complete, however if the student wants to finish it early he/she can always do that. This is a moderated course, which means you can be part of the forum discussions and ask the course moderator / Subject Matter Expert to clarify your doubts.
4. Any suggested reading required?
Revision of Pravesika-1 lessons would be of help.
5. Do I need to take all the modules?
Yes. Course completion calls for covering the entire syllabus prescribed.
6. Can I join late, (i.e.) after the program has started?
No. You cannot join late. The registration will be closed a day before the course start date. You can always join the next batch.
7. Should I attempt all the quizzes?
As you know, to learn a language, one needs to not only learn well, but also be able to appreciate the nuances of the language, which is based on recalling what is learned. Quizzes help one recall the learned aspects and revise well. Needless to say that the more quizzes one attempts, the preparation would be better. Also progress to the next lesson will be allowed only on passing the quiz.
8. What are Worksheets and where can I find them?
Worksheets are practice sheets for you to download and use to practice the lesson your are being taught. They can be found below each lesson deck. You can download them for your use.
9. How do I ensure hassle-free online learning?
For hassle-free online learning experience remember to clear cache in your computer/phone/tablet devices. Keeping the device clean averts errors during its online usage. We recommend Google Chrome or Micrsoft Edge for this program for good learning experience. In both the browsers the cache can be cleaned by opening 'Settings' and searching for 'Clear browsing data'.
10. How do I get my doubts clarified?
Questions and doubts will be handled by the teacher during the live-class sessions.
11. What do I receive at the end of the course and what is the criteria to get it?
After the completion of the course, there is a final exam. If you pass it, you will have successfully completed the course and will get a certificate from Madras Sanskrit College.
12. How do I take my final exam? Do I need to come in person to the college to write it?
You can take your final exam online from your home or wherever you take your courses. There is no need to come to the college.
13. What is the exam model?
The exam is an online quiz similar to the lesson quizzes. There will be only MCQs in the exam. You need not write or type anything. Results will be emailed and your certificate can be downloaded from the coursepage.
14. I didn't do well in the quiz in my first attempt. Can I take it again?
You can take the quiz as many times as you want. The best result among your attempts will be considered for the assessment.
15. What are the different methods by which I can pay for my course?
Credit and debit cards are acceptable modes of payment. Alternatively, you can use internet banking through PayTM if you are an Indian resident or through Paypal if you are paying from any country outside India.
16. Is there any age limit to take the course?
There is no age limit to take the course.
17. How long is my course valid?
The course is valid for one year from the date of your joining the course. Within that period you are expected to complete studying the lessons and take the final exam also. However, in some courses there may not be a final exam, in which case you will have to complete all the lessons and quizzes within one year.